For more information
This summary report presents a small selection of key findings drawn from the full set of information compiled for reporting against the Indigenous Health Performance Framework (HPF).
The detailed findings and data are presented across the HPF website, including:
- comprehensive national, and state and territory reporting
- supplementary data tables
- interactive data visualisations.
The Measures section of the website provides a full list of HPF measures with links to the associated webpages.
Data sources and limitations
The report draws on data from various sources, and the reference period reported varies between topic areas.
There are well-documented limitations with the availability and quality of data about the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. These include:
- the quality of data on all key health measures, including mortality and morbidity
- uncertainty about the size and composition of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population
- a lack of data on other health issues, such as access to health services.
In some cases, national data are based on combined information from states/territories with data of adequate quality, as specified.
Technical notes and information about data sources and quality is available from the Resources section of the website, including Data sources and quality, Data development and Statistical terms and methods.